Code of Conduct Agreement For Athletes
1. I will participate because I want to, not just because my parents or coaches want me to.
2. I will play by the rules, and in the spirit of the game.
3. I will control my temper – fighting and “mouthing off” can spoil the activity for everybody.
4. I will respect my opponents.
5. I will do my best to be a true team player.
6. I will remember that winning isn’t everything – that having fun, improving skills, making friends and doing my best are also important.
7. I will acknowledge all good plays/performances – those of my team and of my opponents.
8. I will remember that coaches and officials are there to help me. I will accept their decisions and show them respect.
Code of Conduct Agreement For Parents
Name of Child(ren):
1. I will not force my child to participate in sports.
2. I will remember that my child plays sport for his or her enjoyment, not for mine.
3. I will encourage my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
4. I will teach my child that doing one’s best is as important as winning, so that my child will never feel defeated by the outcome of a game / event.
5. I will make my child feel like a winner every time by offering praise for competing fairly and trying hard.
6. I will never ridicule or yell at my child for making a mistake or losing a competition.
7. I will remember that children learn best by example. I will applaud good plays / performances by both my child’s team and their opponents.
8. I will never question the officials’ judgment or honesty in public.
9. I will support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from children’s sporting activities.
10. I will respect and show appreciation for the volunteer coaches who give their time to provide sport activities for my child.
Code of Conduct Agreement For Coaches
1. I will be reasonable when scheduling games and practices remembering that young athletes have other interest and obligations.
2. I will teach my athletes to play fairly and to respect the rules, officials and opponents.
3. I will ensure that all athletes get equal instruction, support and playing time.
4. I will not ridicule or yell at my athletes for making mistakes or for performing poorly. I will remember that children play to have fun and must be encouraged to have confidence in themselves.
5. I will make sure that equipment and facilities are safe and match the athletes’ ages and abilities.
6. I will remember that children need a coach they can respect. I will be generous with praise and set a good example.
7. I will obtain proper training and continue to upgrade my coaching skills.